Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday Summary, 6 Nov 2011

Recent genealogy related activities:

Research
I am reviewing my research beginning with my grandparents and working backwards, in preparation for beginning to write the stories of my ancestors. I had the wedding certificates for both couples, but only one birth certificate, so I sent for and received the other three. I have yet to transcribe them and enter them into my database.

Transcribing
I had some notes that I made when visiting my Mum and Dad a while back, they are now mostly transcribed.

Education
Watched the Legacy Webinar The three Cs of Irish Research:
Civil Registration, Church Records, and Census. I haven’t done any Irish research yet, and I found this a good overview and I will use the information when I am ready to start with Irish research.

Blogging
I listened to two podcasts on blogging from Lisa Louise Cooke. They were from her series Family History: Genealogy Made Easy, episodes 40 and 42. They contain some useful information on setting up a blog, and adding gadgets. Some of them I have done, and some I have yet to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment