Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sunday Summary 6 Oct 2013 - Transcribing Audio and Scanning Photos

Mystery photo from circa 1890
I have been working on a couple of projects that are a result of a trip I took to England in May of this year.

One involves transcribing the conversations that I recorded of some of my uncles, to capture family stories and family information. It is a slow process, twenty minutes of typing needed for five minutes of recording. I am doing a little at a time.

The other project is to do with copies of photos given to me by my Dad’s family. They include his brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles and grandparents. Amongst them are a few mystery photos. One is of a young woman whose clothing puts the photo at around 1890, and another is of a young woman about 1905. I am sure there will be some detective fun trying to identify them.

I scanned the photos this week, so that I can send the printed copies to my Dad, but first I have to finish adding the names to the photos and to the scans.

No comments:

Post a Comment